My Halal Fork n Spoon

The Search for best Halal-certified food places in Singapore

Subscribe

I Am..: Awesome burgers and drinks

on Sunday, January 25, 2015

In the heart of the famous Arab Street (in vicinity of Bugis) in Singapore, lies a wonderful alfresco cafe that serves awesome burgers, creative and delicious mocktails. While some of my friends love the cakes, especially the rainbow cake (I have never tried them because I am not a fan of cakes - but hey if you are and you think their cakes are wonderful - or not, please add on a the comments section), I absolutely loooove their burgers and drinks. [Update: They have a new more comfortable outlet at Our Tampines Hub! what a beautiful time to live in the East! :D]

I have personally been there several times, and I have been lucky to get seats each time. It gets pretty crowded over weekends and meal times. Throughout 2014 to 2015, the cafe has expanded, and that is a good sign. Oh do take note that there is no halal certification because the owner is a muslim (see their website and humble beginnings here). They got good service too (staff are friendly and kinda hipster)!

One of burger dishes that I rave. The portion is pretty huge, so if you are not a big eater and there are two of you, you can share them. just ask the staff to have them cut into halves. they are happy to do so for you

If you and your friends are ravenous, you can get this platter where you get each of their best dishes. we especially love the spiced chicken wings. What four of us did was to share 2 burger meals and a platter. that was satisfying!

You got to try the mojitos and creative drinks like the bushramint. pricey, but it is really good and refreshing and I must say it is worth the price.

I did not really fancy the hot drink options. I tried the mocha sometime back in early 2014 and.. it was not nice in my opinion. Hopefully they have improved on their hot drinks now, but I did not want to try it again as I am afraid to get disappointed (but if you have tried it and liked it, let me know and I probably will try it again). [Update: I have tried it again in 2018 at the Tampines outlet, and it was again a bit too sweet for my liking. So, no]

They have an okay selection of desserts. I hope they can come up with more interesting options in future. According to most reviews (see list below), you may want to try the rainbow cakes too.

It is priced like most cafes but I say, it is worth the price. Especially when you have the option to share with a fellow friend. :) full menu can be found on their website. It is quite popular, hence the crowd, so you cannot really chill there too long without feeling guilty.

My ratings:
  • Food / Drinks: 8/10 (yes, totally OFF THE CHARTS, it is that good)
  • Ambience: 7/10
  • Service: 9/10
Overall: 8/10
- great place to chill with good food, drinks and a mosque around the corner!

Read other reviews / information on I Am.. at:

Find it at:
  • 674 North Bridge Road #01-01, off Haji Lane, Singapore, Singapore 188804, Call: 6295 5509, Email: cafe@iam.com.sg. Opening hours: Mon - Thu: 11:00 - 23:00, Fri: 11:00 - 01:00,Sun: 11:00 - 23:00
  • 1 Tampines Walk, #03-04, HomeTeamNS Tampines , Our Tampines Hub, 528523. Call: 6295 5509. Opening hours: Daily 11:00 - 23:00.
http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/staticmap?size=270x110&visual_refresh=true&zoom=15&markers=icon:http://www.burpple.com//d3m43rlra0pteh.cloudfront.net/assets/web/map-pin-589916bbfb080f4b3df4314bd46b9a65.png|1.30181314298117,103.858200559278&sensor=false&key=AIzaSyCROtdDpyw1jMXeau6VjtPMqZYnb8pVgNc

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)