My Halal Fork n Spoon

The Search for best Halal-certified food places in Singapore

Subscribe


There was a alot of talk about Sarah's the Pancake Cafe when it first opened in 2014 at the new East Village Mall. So I was one of those who really wanted to try! i am not a fan of pancakes but I am a fan of cafes and all day breakfast. On their door, it is mentioned that the last order was 930pm, the first time I was there it was 925pm and they were already closing. They politely turned me away. Oh wells I guess it was not my luck that day.

So I was there again, this time on a Sunday afternoon. It was crowded and seems popular. There were the savoury and the dessert options - which was a good thing to find and it was halal, so I was sooo excited.

I was a little disappointed with the dessert options as I was not able to decide on any. I am quite fussy, and I could not find a single dessert option without anything that I did not like. I hated the fact that I could not choose my own toppings and the options for toppings are fixed.

So I went to savoury options, I was pretty hungry so was looking forward to smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on pancakes called the Benedict (I mean you cant go wrong with such an option). Was soooo happy to know that they serve hollandaise sauce too!! but in the end I was quite disappointed.. the salmon was wayyy too dryyy (cant they tell the texture??) and the hollandaise sauce was too buttery-eggy for me. the pancakes were decent - light and fluffy though.

the salmon were obviously dry, and the sauce is too buttery.
At first I thought maybe I tried too many nice smoked salmon and hollandaise sauce overseas, but after alot of thinking, I decided, no, this was bad.

Throughout the time  I was there, there was a strong smell and abit of smoke from the kitchen. My experience was not that good. The pasta my friend bought was not too good either (I refuse to take a photo of that). I really dont understand why there is really a crowd, probably the dessert options are better (I read that the fusion pancakes of chendol and pancakes are good - so you can try that), but I dont think I am going again soon, unless someone tells me otherwise. Hope they improve their savoury options soon to match their prices, and I am hoping that it was just my order that they did not do well on.

If you wish to try, check out their Facebook here.

My ratings:
  • Food / Drinks: 3/10
  • Ambience: 4/10
  • Service: 4/10
Overall: 4/10
- its okay, ill go elsewhere

Read other reviews / information on Sarah's the Pancake Cafe:

    Find it at:
    • 430 Upper Changi Rd, #01-062 East Village Singapore 487048 (vicinity of Simpang Bedok),  Tel: +65 83335451, Opening Hours: 8am – 10:30pm (Sun-Thurs), 8am – 12am (Fri-Sat)

    0 comments:

    Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)