My Halal Fork n Spoon

The Search for best Halal-certified food places in Singapore

Subscribe

Coffee Bean: Halal Yogurt

on Saturday, April 17, 2010

Went to Vivocity yesterday and was seriously craving for some ice cream blended goodies but unfortunately it was already 10+pm and most shops were already closing. But thank goodness my favourite Coffee Bean cafe was still open.

Then I suddenly remembered that Coffee Bean has introduced its new yogurt range so I thought I'll give it a shot! (of coz I also have that Coffee Bean loyalty card too!).


For you ignorant souls out there, there are VERY VERY few halal-certified established cafes in Singapore. And coffee bean made history by becoming Halal-certified in the past few years. (other cafes include Cafe Galilee in national libraries, and hmm, is that it?).

This post is solely a review on its yogurt (the have great frappes and mouthwatering cakes too, but ill review them nx time!). There are many yogurt outlets in Singapore but none of them bothered getting a halal-certification probably because of the view that it is just 'dessert', so Coffee Bean should be given credit for coming up with yogurt in its menu, making it the first halal-certified yogurt in Singapore :)

Unlike most of the yogurt chains, Coffee Bean offers limited toppings, namely almonds, dried cranberries, and coffee-ish toppings. No fruits and other unhealthy goodies tho! But who cares, their yogurt is EXTREMELY delicious!

They have 2 main flavours: Classic Tart (sour) and Classic Vanilla (sweet). The former carries the flavour of original yogurt, while the latter tastes smooth and yummy like sweet vanilla ice cream minus the calories (yumyum)!

Unable to decide for myself, I asked the friendly cashier at the Vivocity outlet what the difference was, and which she would recommend. After explaining the sour and sweet difference, she told me to try it out for myself - and handed me 2 small cups of a few teaspoons of yogurt from each flavour! How generous! I was delightful over the pleasant surprise. :)

I prefer the sour, while my boyfriend prefers the sweet one. 

Then there were other options of having the basic flavour swirled with syrup such as peach, chocolate, coffee etc for a few cents more. Then the option of extra topping at 80cents each. I chose the almonds. :)

 Here it is! Small cup but satisfying!

I must say it is one of the best yogurt I have ever tasted. And being in coffee bean, the security that it is halal, i can use my bean card for payments (and get points!) and the prospects of having a nice frappe/meal along with it makes me wayyy happier. 

OOHH best part, it is much cheaper than other yogurt places out there! $3.70 for a small cup (it is not that small you know), and $4.50 for a big one. 

The only drawback was that the topping was too little. More would be nicer!

With my almond topping, I paid $4.50 in total, take away. :) :) :) 
I am SOOO coming back for more.

My ratings:
  • Food / Drinks: 9.5/10
  • Ambience: NA for this review
  • Service: 9/10
Overall: 9.5/10
- try it or regret it

Read other reviews / information on Coffee Bean (Yogurt) at:

Find it at:
  • Airport - T1 Transit
  • Airport - T2 Departure
  • Airport - T3 Departure and Transit
  • Ang Mo Kio Hub
  • Bishan - Junction 8
  • Bugis - Iluma
  • Bugis - Raffles Hospital
  • Bukit Timah - The Rail Mall
  • Changi Expo
  • Chinatown Point
  • City Square Mall
  • City Hall - One Fullerton 
  • City Hall (Bras Basah) - Plaza By the Park 
  • City Hall - Suntec city 2
  • City Hall - Millenia Walk 
  • East Coast Park
  • Guthrie House
  • Holland Village 
  • Jurong Point
  • Kallang - Leisure Park
  • Marina - The Sail 
  • Novena Square 
  • Orchard Road - 313 Somerset 
  • Orchard Road - Ion Orchard 
  • Orchard Road - Paragon 
  • Orchard Road - Forum
  • Orchard Road - Great World City
  • Orchard Road - Orchard Central
  • Paya Lebar - Singapore Post 
  • Parkway Parada
  • Pasir Ris - Downtown East (E!hub)
  • Raffles Place - CPF Building 
  • Raffles Place - Fuji Xerox Tower 
  • Raffles Place - Republic Plaza 
  • Raffles Place - International Plaza
  • Raffles Place -  The Ogilvy Centre 
  • Sentosa Island - Cable Car Plaza 
  • Sentosa Island - Resort World Sentosa
  • Sentosa Island - Pahlawan Beach
  • Sembawang - Sun Plaza
  • Tampines - Century Square
  • Tiong Bahru Plaza 
  • Toa Payoh Hub
  • West Coast Plaza 
  • West Mall  
  • Vivo City
  • www.coffeebean.com

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)